We compiled the most common questions our new providers ask us here for your convenience. Keep this handy and use the Q&A to steer you away from mistakes and towards success! If you have a question that isn't listed here, just reach out to the pro team. We're here and happy to help!
1. Why should you always swipe "Go to job" before driving to a property?
- It authorizes the credit card payment so I know I'll get paid.
- It sends the customer a text message letting them know I'm on my way.
- If the customer cancels after I've swiped "Go to job" I'll receive a trip fee from them.
2. Before claiming a job it’s important to
- Read all the tasks, property info and notes to make sure I’m capable of fulfilling the job in a timely manner.
3. What should you do if payment fails when you swipe Go to Job?
- Continue to your next job. LawnGuru will automatically notify the customer and work on getting the payment updated.
4. Being late to jobs will result in?
- My account being deactivated.
- A low provider rating.
- A poor customer experience.
5. Communication is VERY important with LawnGuru. When your customer sends you a message, you should:
- Respond promptly and courteously.
6. If a customer wants to cut out LawnGuru and have you service them directly, you should:
- Inform them it’s against the Terms of Service with LawnGuru, and because location is tracked it will result in a ban for both of you. You don't want to take that risk with your business.
7. What does trimming include on a Lawn Mowing job?
- Doing a thorough job trimming any portions of the marked lawn that the mower can't reach.
8. If you are stuck unable to complete your route, what should you do?
- Contact your customers and let them know why you are behind if you confidently expect to be up and running tomorrow.
- Release your active jobs if you do not expect to be up and running tomorrow.
9. What should you do when a property is traced incorrectly?
- Tap options and flag the property as poorly marked.
10. How much will you be charged if you release a lawn mowing job?
11. If you show up to a property, and it is overgrown requiring a double cut or more, what should you do?
- Request overgrowth through the app, upload additional photos documenting the average lawn height and then proceed to double or triple cut the lawn as you requested. It's important to actually perform a double cut if you're requesting over growth - this will be checked.
12. Which of the following is against LawnGuru’s Provider Agreement, and will result in account deactivation?
- Accepting jobs and not completing them on time.
- Performing poor quality work.
- Soliciting customers off the platform.
- Any unprofessional or unethical conduct
13. Why is it a good idea to always have a push mower with you?
- For mowing uneven terrain like berms or ditches.
- For mowing small wet areas that would be damaged by a zero turn.
- For mowing areas blocked by a fence or small gate.
14. You received a fix-it claim for a previous service, what do you do?
- Promptly complete the fix as directed by the service
15. What should you do if you don’t know how to quote a particular Special Service request?
- Ask LawnGuru for advice and additional photos
16. A job appeared on my route near another job I already have? What is this?
- You are the designated provider for that neighborhood, this new booking is automatically added to your route for the same day you are in the area to maximize route density.
17. What must you consider as a minimum to make sure your special service quotes are accurate?
- Costs of all supplies required
- Man hours to complete the job
- Disposal fees or other incidental expenses
- Pictures submitted with the job
18. Your special service quote includes work you would need to rent equipment for, how should you approach this?
- Quote similar jobs close to each other to minimize rental expense per job.
- Price my bids so that they work, even if just one is accepted
19. I’ve started a special service, but cannot complete it the same day I started - what should I do?
- Finish the job anyway, you made a commitment
- Notify LawnGuru, message the customer with your return date within the next few days. Do not mark the job as complete until it is finished.
20. The customer accepts your special service quote after your proposed job date, what should you do?
- Message the customer who accepted my bid and agree to a new date for the service.
21. While performing a job, your customer asks you to expand the scope of work and include some new tasks, what should you do?
- Use the ‘recommend a job’ option in the app to add the new work to the existing job.
- If you're unable to perform the additional work, for whatever reason, complete the job they quoted and direct the customer to submit a new request for the additional work
22. You have purchased materials you need to perform a special service that was accepted. What should you do?
- Upload the receipt in app and mark the job as Supplies Purchased
23. You underbid a special service that was accurately requested by the customer. What should you do?
- Complete the job - your quote is your commitment. You won’t underbid next time!
- Release the job and pay the $50 fee.
24. What is the release fee for special services jobs?
25. A special service I am doing involves digging more than 2” into the ground, what important detail should I remember to have done BEFORE the day of service?
- Ensure you or the customer has ALL utility lines flagged prior to service.
26. To earn and maintain your Preferred Provider Badging you must;
- Complete at least 100 jobs in the last quarter or 400 jobs in the last 12 months
- Activate your free provider website
- Maintain a Provider Rating of 4.825 or better