The “Recommend a Job” feature is your best tool to upsell customers with Special Services and boost your cash flow. This can be used to propose just about any service or capture a customer’s request. You should also use this feature if a customer asks you to add more work to a job you’re currently doing.
When you use this feature, you will be given the option to add the extra work to the existing job to be done at the same time, or you to schedule it for a future service date treated as a separate order. If the service you’re looking to recommend isn’t listed, you can enter a custom service at the bottom.
- Pull up any accepted service so that you're viewing the details of the job.
- Tap the "..." Options button
- Tap "Recommend a Job"
- Choose the job that you'd like to recommend. If the service isn't listed, scroll down to the bottom to enter your own service
- Enter specific details so that the customer knows exactly what their quote is regarding
- Enter the price you want to make for the service including any materials you may need
- Upload photos of the service area (optional)
- Select the service day you can complete the work and send the quote
It’s extremely important to be detailed in the quote so there’s no room for confusion and the customer knows what they’re paying for.
If you just say ‘trim shrubs” for example, and you only plan on trimming the front shrubs, the customer may be under the impression you’re quoting them for ALL the shrubs on their property. If the customer opens a claim with us, we’ll hold you to the description you detailed.
It’s also important that you don’t mention your price to the customer in chat, on the phone or in person. LawnGuru and Stripe fees are added on top of the quote the customer receives.